There are 22 states, plus the District of Columbia, in the continental U.S. that require financial institutions to inspect and document the light levels for safety at their outdoor ATMs and after hours depositories.
Consider the following questions and issues as it relates to your institution:
- Are you aware of the laws and regulations that relate to the minimum lighting standards and survey frequency?
- Are you aware that night deposit lighting must follow the same lighting regulars as the ATM?
- Does your institution have the resources to complete regular site surveys?
- What department handles ATM lighting compliance?
- How does landscaping play a part in your lighting compliance?
- Excessive non-compliance fines can be incurred (up to $1,000 per day per incident).
There is good news. Tyco Integrated Security provides ATM lighting survey services. What you receive:
- A thorough check procedure for lighting levels at ATMs and night depositories
- Electronic report illustrating all light levels
- Electronic drawing of the ATM or night depository with noted obstacles, buildings, landscaping
- Annual, or otherwise defined service
- An optional web portal for easy storage of all your reports
How your institution can benefit:
- Help enhance customer safety who use ATMs and night deposit facilities
- Help reduce non-compliance fines
- Help reduce potential crime incidents at the ATM
- Remain compliant with state laws
- Help provide documentation that is admissible in court
Learn how our different integrated security solutions can better help prepare your K-12 facility for an active shooter situation. >
Learn how our different integrated security solutions can better help prepare your facility for an active shooter situation. >
With an increase in active shooters, being prepared is critical. Learn why active shooter training is important and how we implement active shooter training. LEARN MORE >