There are 22 states, plus the District of Columbia, in the continental U.S. that require financial institutions to inspect and document the light levels for safety at their outdoor ATMs and after hours depositories.
Consider the following questions and issues as it relates to your institution:
- Are you aware of the laws and regulations that relate to the minimum lighting standards and survey frequency?
- Are you aware that night deposit lighting must follow the same lighting regulars as the ATM?
- Does your institution have the resources to complete regular site surveys?
- What department handles ATM lighting compliance?
- How does landscaping play a part in your lighting compliance?
- Excessive non-compliance fines can be incurred (up to $1,000 per day per incident).
There is good news. Tyco Integrated Security provides ATM lighting survey services. What you receive:
- A thorough check procedure for lighting levels at ATMs and night depositories
- Electronic report illustrating all light levels
- Electronic drawing of the ATM or night depository with noted obstacles, buildings, landscaping
- Annual, or otherwise defined service
- An optional web portal for easy storage of all your reports
How your institution can benefit:
- Help enhance customer safety who use ATMs and night deposit facilities
- Help reduce non-compliance fines
- Help reduce potential crime incidents at the ATM
- Remain compliant with state laws
- Help provide documentation that is admissible in court
Safety and security are among the most important factors to residents and families. Learn how you can facilitate a culture or safety and mitigate risk to enhance protection and peace of mind. >
Learn about our comprehensive maintenance plan with remote service solutions and protect your security investment from unexpected repair costs. Learn More >
Don’t wait for the final version of the FSMA rule to protect against intentional adulteration of your company’s ingredients and food products. Discover the best ways to review existing documentation and audit procedures and policies to ensure your food defense plan complies with all of the new federal requirements. >
You provide services and advice that your clients depend on to reduce their risk; however, you also need to reduce the vulnerabilities found at your workplace. Learn what the right security products are for your business to help you focus on providing a safe environment for your employees and customers. Learn More >
You are providing a service to the community while growing your business. Your customers are loyal to you, and you want to be loyal to them. Download the guide to learn how the right security products can help you focus on what is most important – servicing your customers and giving them what they need in a safe environment. >