There are 22 states, plus the District of Columbia, in the continental U.S. that require financial institutions to inspect and document the light levels for safety at their outdoor ATMs and after hours depositories.
Consider the following questions and issues as it relates to your institution:
- Are you aware of the laws and regulations that relate to the minimum lighting standards and survey frequency?
- Are you aware that night deposit lighting must follow the same lighting regulars as the ATM?
- Does your institution have the resources to complete regular site surveys?
- What department handles ATM lighting compliance?
- How does landscaping play a part in your lighting compliance?
- Excessive non-compliance fines can be incurred (up to $1,000 per day per incident).
There is good news. Tyco Integrated Security provides ATM lighting survey services. What you receive:
- A thorough check procedure for lighting levels at ATMs and night depositories
- Electronic report illustrating all light levels
- Electronic drawing of the ATM or night depository with noted obstacles, buildings, landscaping
- Annual, or otherwise defined service
- An optional web portal for easy storage of all your reports
How your institution can benefit:
- Help enhance customer safety who use ATMs and night deposit facilities
- Help reduce non-compliance fines
- Help reduce potential crime incidents at the ATM
- Remain compliant with state laws
- Help provide documentation that is admissible in court
Controlling access to your facility is a vital part of helping protect your business from crime. To do this, you need to find an access control solution that fits your unique needs. >
Many business owners know that video surveillance is an important part of a comprehensive security plan, but knowing where to place cameras and how to leverage unique camera capabilities can help you get even more out of the technology. >
In our webinar, learn how businesses migrate their enterprise access control system, replace existing protocols or outdated technologies and mitigate risk to ensure their successful long-term investments. LEARN MORE >
Many business owners are using video surveillance technology as part of a comprehensive security plan. Find out how video surveillance technology can help your business. >
In our on demand webinar "Mitigating Insider Threats", we discussed how to identify as well as help mitigate the impact of potential insider threats. Learn how you can avoid risk and enhance your business security. LEARN MORE >
The term “Vulnerability Assessment” has a special meaning to the FSMA Intentional Adulteration rule proposed by the FDA. Watch our webinar and discover what measures to take to prepare for FSMA. LEARN MORE >
Cargo theft worldwide is estimated to cost enterprises as much as $60 billion per year. Discover how these criminals operate and how you can fight in-transit crime by getting behind the scenes in our highway piracy webinar. LEARN MORE >
Schools are in the business of learning, and learning happens best in a secure environment. When security is ironclad and invisible, parents, teachers and administrators enjoy peace of mind; and students thrive because their environment still leaves room for them to explore and discover. >