There are 22 states, plus the District of Columbia, in the continental U.S. that require financial institutions to inspect and document the light levels for safety at their outdoor ATMs and after hours depositories.
Consider the following questions and issues as it relates to your institution:
- Are you aware of the laws and regulations that relate to the minimum lighting standards and survey frequency?
- Are you aware that night deposit lighting must follow the same lighting regulars as the ATM?
- Does your institution have the resources to complete regular site surveys?
- What department handles ATM lighting compliance?
- How does landscaping play a part in your lighting compliance?
- Excessive non-compliance fines can be incurred (up to $1,000 per day per incident).
There is good news. Tyco Integrated Security provides ATM lighting survey services. What you receive:
- A thorough check procedure for lighting levels at ATMs and night depositories
- Electronic report illustrating all light levels
- Electronic drawing of the ATM or night depository with noted obstacles, buildings, landscaping
- Annual, or otherwise defined service
- An optional web portal for easy storage of all your reports
How your institution can benefit:
- Help enhance customer safety who use ATMs and night deposit facilities
- Help reduce non-compliance fines
- Help reduce potential crime incidents at the ATM
- Remain compliant with state laws
- Help provide documentation that is admissible in court
Security concerns differ from industry to industry. So why do many businesses settle for one-size-fits-all security systems? Discover the potential threats to businesses such as car dealerships, restaurants and retailers, and the ways you can better protect against them. >
Taking strides towards economic recovery is a slow moving process. Since increased crime is a common impact of financial downturn, businesses are learning how to protect themselves. Learn about the most effective loss-prevention tactics, how you can maximize your cost-efficiency and ultimately mitigate risk. >
Mobile technology is here and readily available. Leverage the benefits of mobile security management and learn how you can protect your business. >
As a small-business owner, you have many tasks on your plate and are often short on time. The latest security tools can give you a valuable look into your business. Learn ways to leverage security resources as part of your company’s overall business strategy, and use the insights to help you run a safer and smarter business. >
Mobility has become integral to modern business. Small-business owners appreciate the flexibility, freedom and control it gives them, especially when off site. This white paper highlights five reasons to adopt the next generation of mobile security applications, and it outlines the capabilities that enable you to maximize your time and resources. >
As pharmaceutical supply chains become increasingly outsourced and global, it’s no longer adequate to review security when issues arise. Discover why many pharmaceutical companies are turning to proactive strategies to assess and respond to threats. >
Workplace violence is a serious and real concern, as it can include bodily harm, psychological effects, strains on employee health and possibly even result in loss of life. This white paper outlines the behaviors to recognize and the proactive security measures you can take to protect your employees and customers. >
The freedom that comes with owning a small business is not without worry. Staying on top of issues such as theft or burglary used to require putting in long hours or driving back to your business when an issue arose. No more. Learn how easy-to-use technology can contribute to the success of small business, giving you the tools to check on your business from any location and at any time. >